Monday, January 11, 2010

Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles


This cookie is from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. This was the first recipe I tried from it before it was even published; Isa was so kind as to post it on her blog. I made them the first time in addition with some lemon tea cookies as a thank you gift for a group of people I was working with. They were both big hits. This chocolate cookie especially. The first time I made them I halved the cayenne because I wasn't so sure about it--I'm not a big fan of chili and chocolate together--and it was still too much for me. Other people loved them, but I couldn't even eat a whole bite of one. Hello, gag reflex. However, the texture and the flavor seemed really great until the cayenne kicked in, so I wanted to try them again without any cayenne.

So that's what I did this time. Much better. Without the cayenne this is a nice crispy cinnamon and chocolate cookie. That's a winner in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment