Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas Cupcake!


So, I decided to put my colleagues in a perma-sugar rush for Christmas this year...

First up, cupcakes. Because honestly, what occasion doesn't call for them. I started with the chocolate cupcake recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and added 10 chopped up candy cane Joe-Joe's from Trader Joe's (basically candy cane Oreos). I also used the buttercream frosting recipe from VCTOTW and threw in mini chocolate chips at the end. To top it off is some crushed candy cane and a piece of candy cane. Pretty, yes?! I'm not sure how well they'll fare making it to work tomorrow, but they'll still taste fine. I've had problems the last couple times I've made frosting from this book, it's just a tad too runny. I need to remember to either add more sugar or less soymilk, hopefully that will fix this problem. Alright I've written that down, we'll see if I remember for next time.

Up next...cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment