Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bow Ties with Broccoli Pesto


This lovely green concoction came from last month's Vegetarian Times. Cooked broccoli is used as the base in lieu of fresh basil. Mint, parsley (I subbed cilantro), and hazelnuts also make an appearance in this perfect-for-spring dish. I thought that this was super good, but a tad garlicky for my taste, which hardly ever happens as I love garlic. I'd suggest using less if you're not a huge fan. If I were to make this again I 'd add some chopped red bell pepper and maybe some zucchini or tomato, because bite after bite it got a bit boring with no other flavors or textures going on here. The addition of extra veggies would definitely spruce this up!

Also, I had a little trouble finding hazelnuts at the store. I finally asked an employee and he was able to track some down for me, but they were called filberts. Tricky...

No comments:

Post a Comment