Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chickpea and Spinach Curry


This was one of the first vegan (on purpose) dishes I ever made way back when. It's from Vegan with a Vengeance and not only is good it's super easy and quick. It's just a simple tomato base with tons of spices thrown in; it always turns out great. I've been getting begged for white rice around here because I usually never buy it (opting instead for brown rice or quinoa), I caved and served this up with some white basmati.

Seeing all those chickpeas makes me remember that I also didn't use to like these little guys either. Before I got to college I was not a fan (what the hell was wrong with me), now they're a staple in our house. It's amazing how much tastes change and once I went veg and then vegan so many more things started tasting good that never had (avocados, mushrooms, nuts...); it's a good thing too, because otherwise I have no idea what I would live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment