Monday, May 17, 2010

Pasta with Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce and Broccoli


I was craving roasted garlic something fierce. After looking through some cookbooks and finding nothing to my liking I decided to make a sauce and toss it with some noodles and broccoli. It turned out quite good. My boyfriend covered his in Daiya and declared that excellent.

Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce

serves 3ish

20 cloves garlic, roasted
2 Tablespoons Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
4 Tablespoons Soy milk
4 Tablespoons Soy Creamer
2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
pepper, to taste
extra virgin olive oil

1. Roast your garlic cloves: preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On a piece of foil pile peeled garlic, drizzle with olive oil. Roast for ~20 minutes, until soft.
2. Cook pasta of choice (1/2 lb) according to directions. If adding a vegetable, prepare that as well (I steamed broccoli)
3. Add all ingredients, except EVOO, to blender. Blend thoroughly.
4. When pasta is done, drain, return to pot and add sauce (add veg also, if using). Stir to coat. Drizzle with EVOO if desired.

The pasta I used was a vegetable mix from Trader Joe's; the noodles were beet, spinach, and I can't remember the rest but it was good, and cute to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment