Saturday, May 8, 2010

Panko-Crusted Tofu with Raspberry Tamarind Glaze


I thought I had finally gotten my hands on all the ingredients to finally make this dish from The Urban Vegan and I was so excited. Then I realized I didn't have apple juice. I texted my boyfriend to pick some up on his way home, and alas he forgot. Rather than running back out I instead subbed berry dessert wine and it turned out alright, I'm guessing the apple juice would have been a tad sweeter which would have been complimentary, but this still turned out mighty tasty. The fruity elements in the sauce went really great with the tofu and I loved the crispy panko coating. I was thinking too much about the sauce while cooking though, and so I cut my tofu incorrectly (it's supposed to be in lovely triangles) and also let it burn a little bit (whoops). Nonetheless, this still got all eaten up as the leftovers were great for lunch the next day. I served this up with a grain blend from Trader Joe's (leftover from stuffed acorn squash) with some spinach thrown in just at the end. This will definitely get made again, I'll just be sure to grab some apple juice next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment