Friday, August 20, 2010

Let's play catch-up shall we?! First up, Roasted Vegetables with Quinoa and Balsamic Vinaigrette

Lucky day! I got out of class at 1 o'clock today and had the rare opportunity to not study or drill on plastic teeth in plastic heads and just enjoy myself (doing laundry and cleaning up my computer...but it felt good to get things done! And I got to watch "Bones" while I did so, which is so nerdy that it feeds my soul--and the lead is vegan, which is awesome). I haven't been cooking or experimenting quite as much as normal lately, but I've still got all sorts of good stuff that have been made in the last couple months. This will be a long series of posts...


Back a couple months ago was a simple dinner of roasted veggies on a bed of quinoa and dressed with the better than bottled balsamic vinaigrette from Oh She Glows. I just walked around the grocery store and picked out whatever struck my fancy. We got red bell pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, asparagus, and japanese eggplant. Look at those beauties all cut up and ready to cook. I just sprinkled with a little olive oil and salt and cooked at 400 degrees until tender, a little over 30 minutes, tossing once during roasting.


This turned out great. The leftover veggies and dressing were perfect over lettuce and made a great salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment