Tuesday, November 16, 2010

MoFo 12: Tamari Roasted Chickpeas


Extreme close-up. Straight from the oven. I'd heard a lot about these little beauties from Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan (recipe also posted on Dreena's blog) and decided, being the chickpea lover that I am that it was finally time for me to try them. They were tasty little guys, the perfect amount of salt. I think if I were having a party or needed something to mindlessly munch while watching a movie these would be perfect, but for everyday snacking I'll just stick to my dear friend hummus.


Now for a round, round, round-up! (That's repeated because it's three days' worth and I'm trying to be clever, not because I have a typing stutter...)


1) Soup! Again! I've never put quinoa in soup before because I've never thought of it. It definitely seems like a good idea and this Holiday Soup for the Soul from Oh She Glows looks fantastic.

2) Weekly Vegan Menu has been veganizing restaurant favorites and this time it's Red Robin. While I was never a big fan of that restaurant (alright, they have good french fries) the veganized Bruschetta Burger looks mighty good!

3) I think I've just found what I'm making as my Thanksgiving entree: this decadent looking Festive Chickpea Tart from Dreena's recipe blog. I can't remember making any of Dreena's recipes that haven't been amazing and this seems seasonal and perfectly unfussy.

4) To go with it I think we might need some of these Cranberry Coolers from manifest:vegan. I love the color, and I think the addition of some spiced rum would be the perfect holiday drink, if you're of the imbibing type.

5) Just when I was starting to think I'd seen it all when it came to pumpkin recipes, Christy from The Blissul Chef pulls out the wild card of Pumpkin Hot Chocolate! Mmmhmm...if that doesn't have my name written all over it I don't know what does.

6) Amey at Vegan Eats & Treats has mofo travelled her way to Hungary in the form of Hungarian Eggplant Paprikash. I love eggplant when it's cooked well and this sure does look cooked well. Since it also doesn't look like eggplant I might even be able to get my boyfriend who typically doesn't like it to give it a go. I have to admit I picked this post not only because it looked tasty, but because it reminded me of "When Harry Met Sally." I never knew what paprikash was, and Harry says it at some point to Sally. I don't remember where, but trust me it's in there. That movie is one of my favorites.

Win! Yummy baking goodies are up for grabs at Diet, Dessert, and Dogs. And An Opera Singer in the Kitchen has a giveaway for Fresh and Fast Vegan

3 comments:

  1. wanna eat those chickpeas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out! Hope you enjoy the hot chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, your mofo posts are all just wonderful! I love the combo of what-you-cooked and round ups! Amazing dedication! Also, thanks for the mention... what an honor! :)

    ReplyDelete