Thursday, November 25, 2010

MoFo 16: And a Very Happy Thanksgiving to You!

Hey y'all. To any celebrating today I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving!

I decided to go all crazy this year and make everything from scratch. We're also making everything from other people's blogs this year!

So, here's the menu for tonight:

Appetizer: Porcini and Pecan Pate, originally seen on Vegan Good Things.

Main dish: Festive Chickpea Tart from Dreena

Side #1: Cranberry and Orange Salad from Swell, with a few modifications.

Side #2: Green Bean Casserole from cute and delicious, also with a few modifications.

Dessert: Chocolate Cinnamon Babka from Vegan Dad.

We've got a few things taken care of already and we'll be eating dinner at normal dinner time with my brother and a friend from school. I'm thankful for so much (including Safeway being open at 3 PM for me to able to pick up something I forgot...) and it's nice to take time to take time out and remember that. I'm mostly glad I'm not at school today and can just relax and spend time with friends and family.

From my home to yours a very happy Thanksgiving (or happy thursday to those not in the states)!

I'll be back tomorrow with pictures and reviews for everything we made today!

No comments:

Post a Comment