Tuesday, November 2, 2010

MoFo 2: Veggie, Quinoa and Chickpea Salad


Guess what?! This is the first post I have for food I actually made in my new apartment! Finally getting somewhere now.

This was one of those I have all this stuff I need to use before it goes bad meals. I just cooked up some quinoa and grilled some zucchini slices, then tossed those with Romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, and garbanzo beans. On top I poured sweet and tangy salad dressing from Oh She Glows. It was filling, simple, and tasted great.


Alright, now for my roundup for the day:

1) Over at Meet the Shannons, this totally adorable couple is veganizing the Big Red Betty Crocker cookbook. While I wouldn't want to try everything they make--they use a lot of mock meats and many of those freak me out, like for this "shrimp scampi." Today, however, while not a Betty recipe, looks amazing: Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting.

2) Over at Vegan Planet, the brilliant Robin Robertson (author of so many amazing books, check her out if you haven't) has made some Yuba-Wrapped Veggie "Eggrolls." Genius!

3) Allyson over at Manifest:Vegan posted about a scrumptious looking Super Easy Winter Squash Stew. I agree it does look super easy and I will definitely try this one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment