Tuesday, November 9, 2010

MoFo 9: Quick Lo Mein


Robin Robertson has a much prettier photo (and the recipe!) for this dish on her blog. This is another winner from Vegan on the Cheap. I used wide rice noodles in place of the spaghetti/linguini because I had them and I thought they'd go better with the flavors anyway. While it is my firm belief that just about anything can taste great covered in sriracha and sesame seeds, this is abnormally good. I got a "you can definitely make this one again" from the boyfriend. That usually indicates it as a winner! This also packed up perfectly well for lunch the next day.

Posts to check out:

1) I love soup. It's usually fairly simple, filling, and makes a lot so it's great for leftovers. So great for the weather we're having right now...in fact I made soup for dinner tonight...not from a can! I made this one that Sofia blogged about from Viva Vegan! (post to follow eventually). So, here's a soup recipe roundup from LunchBoxBunch!

2) Our Veggie Kitchen has a recipe inspired by a food cart in Portland (blast them and their abundance of vegan food carts). It's for a tofurkey cheesesteak and it looks yums!

Win! Ricki from Diet, Dessert and Dogs has a giveaway for Lucini Cinque e' Cinque. Click over to her blog to find out what that is and how amazing it looks!


4 comments:

  1. lo mein, chow fun and chow mein..always get so confused over those three. i agree with you though, sriracha over anything is sooo good! your lo mein looks great, i love how many veggies you added! : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks soooooooooo delicious.

    And I totally agree about sriracha and sesame seeds. I'll eat the two of them on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super tasty! That's a whole lotta sriracha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies...yes I like it spicy!

    @Jacklyn: I get confused too. I guess it's based on the noodles? But it's hard to find the different kinds so I just use whatever's available!

    ReplyDelete