Monday, November 1, 2010
MoFo 1: Tofu, Spinach and Daiya Lasanga
Welcome to MoFo! There are over 500 bloggers participating this year--vegan bloggers out in full force!!! I'm going to spend the month catching up with my cooking posts and doing a daily roundup of my fave blog posts of the day.
The dish above I'd been hearing rave reviews about, and I have to say that it lived up to the hype. It's the tofu spinach lasagna from The Vegan Table. I added the Daiya, because as you may know I was swimming in the stuff,and it made a very nice addition. I know I said that I had found a new favorite lasagna back in December, however this one is definitely a contender for that so coveted spot. It's also a bit easier. For the sauce I used the basic marinara recipe from Veganomicon, it's my go-to and it's always great! I really recommend this dish for that lasagna-loving person in your life.
While every dish from Colleen's book hasn't been amazing (case in point), this is one amazing lady who does know what she's talking about. She's one of my vegan role models, have you heard her podcasts?! Or checked out her website, Compassionate Cooks? She just released a new book, Color Me Vegan. I haven't had a chance to check it out, but it sounds really fun.
Hope you all have a great night, I got to this post in just in the nick of time. If you have a chance, check out my fave vegan blog posts of the day:
1) The always-adorable Amey from Vegan Eats and Treats is blogging her way around the world this MoFo, first up: Mexico!
2) Angela at Oh She Glows has come up with an amazing looking recipe, a cake in a jar--perfect single serving size!
3) Over at Vegansaurus, they're posting a recipe a day of Chef Tal Ronnen's Gardein Thanksgiving menu. Today is Sage and Pumpkin Seed Crusted Gardein with Cranberry Cabernet Sauce! Imagine serving that to your loved ones this Thanksgiving. I bet it would blow their socks off. I'm gonna have to keep this in mind for my celebrations. Also, don't miss the first recipe of a beet and orange salad!
4) Also from Vegansaurus: they're getting a new vegan chef/blogger each week to veganize the winning recipe from the Bravo show Top Chef: Just Desserts. This week it's a fried lemon pie with salted caramel ice cream...whoa! They're on week seven, don't forget to check out all the other amazing veganations!
5) Seeing as I'm a lover of all things pumpkin, and not only this time of year, Ashley over at The Edible Perspective got me salivating with her Baked Pumpkin French Toast. It's pumpkin food porn madness over there!