Friday, November 5, 2010

MoFo 5: Double Chocolate Orange Cookies



I had originally set out to make the chocolate mint cookies from The Joy of Vegan Baking, but alas I was out of peppermint extract. I had almond and orange available, so I decided to go with orange. Who doesn't like chocolate and orange?! It reminds me of those gigantic chocolate oranges they sell at World Market; I was only ever allowed to have those around the holidays, usually they were a gift in our stockings. I haven't had one in years, I doubt they're vegan.





Anyway, these turned out quite good. A little zest along with the extract would have been better, but it's hard to go wrong with a double chocolate cookie!





Here are some blog posts that I especially liked today:




1) Step-by-step directions to make your own Double Chocolate Hazelnut Candies on G Living. These are super cute! I've only ever tried my hand at making candy once but I'd like to try it again since they make such nice gifts or party treats.



2) Monday Baker has settled on quite the original theme for MoFo: using a phone application to randomly pick a recipe for dinner and then make a vegan version. Today was the unveiling of the first recipe, Pepper Seitan Cutlets with Chocolate-Port Sauce. It didn't turn out well, but it's fun to read anyway. Wishing better luck on tonight's dish!


3) Delicious looking pumpkin muffins (with recipes!) over at LunchBoxBunch. Again with the pumpkin, Nichole?! I know, sorry, but these looked too good to pass up--especially that cream-topped one!



Win! Lazy Smurf has a giveway for a pack from Tasty Bite and over at Vegan Planet Robin has a coupon for a tub of Nasoya Tofu Plus.




3 comments:

  1. mm chocolate and orange does sound good! this sounds like something i would love to try..haven't really thought of combining the two before. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention Nichole! I love your daily MoFo update. The Pepper cutlets with choc sauce were certainly interesting but I am happy to report that today's recipe turned out MUCH better. The only thing that would have made it better would have been one of your cookies!! They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year around the holidays, Trader Joe's had a chocolate orange that was vegan. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete