Saturday, October 24, 2009

Flavor-fall Muffins


I love pumpkin. I'll just get that out there. Anything with pumpkin in it I'm probably gonna love. I wanted pumpkin muffins, but none of the recipes I found were really appealing to my tastebuds so I created my own. It's got pumpkin (obviously), chocolate, cranberries, and an oatmeal topping. I thought these turned out great. They also have no added oil; this makes them a tad dense but I don't mind that in a muffin.

Flavor-fall Muffins

Makes 12 Muffins

2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Allspice
1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
1/2 cup Sugar
1 15oz can Pumpkin (not Pumpkin Pie Mix)
1/2 cup Soymilk
1/2 cup Chocolate chips/chunks
1/4-1/2 cup Cranberries (I used Orange Cranberries from Trader Joe's)

Topping:
1/4 cup Rolled Oats
1 Tbsp packed Brown Sugar
1/8 tsp Cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil muffin pan or prepare liners
2. In a large bowl, combine: Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Spices, and Sugar
3. Add Pumpkin, Soymilk, Chocolate, and Cranberries
4. Spoon batter evenly into muffin pan
5. In a small bowl combing topping ingredients. Spoon topping over muffin batter
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
7. Remove. Let sit 1-2 minutes before removing to cooling rack or platter

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment