Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tofu Burgers and Carrot Fries


These burgers, from The (Almost) No-Fat Cookbook, took a lot more time than I expected. The tofu needed to be frozen, then thawed, and then marinated. I ended up serving them a day later than planned, due to incomplete thawing the originally planned day, but that happens. The result was good. Freezing the tofu gave it a nice crumbly texture and the marinade tasted great. Once they were marinated they were super quick to cook up and serve. Ours were on a toasted bun with roasted red pepper miso mayo, avocado, and lettuce. Some tomato would have been nice but I was out.



The "fries" are cut carrots baked to pure goodness. I followed the instructions from the 101 Cookbooks blog. My suggestions would be to stick to smaller carrots, the smaller-sized pieces cooked up much better. We served these up with regular ketchup (organic and w/o high-fructose corn syrup) and they were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment