Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tofu Benny



I just received Vegan Brunch from Amazon, as I was flipping through for the first time this recipe caught my eye, I showed it to my boyfriend and he demanded it for dinner that night. The tofu has a delicious marinade and all the flavors from everything come together so well. We devoured this quickly.

I didn't have all of the ingredients called for, like the two special salts (Black and Roasted) that Isa calls for in her recipe, but this still turned out great. I also ran out of white wine vinegar while making the marinade for the tofu. Since quite a bit was called for in the sauce I got a different sauce recipe from How It All Vegan. I added a little thyme to it though to give some more flavor.



I served this with a smoothie: 1 cup soymilk, frozen banana, 8 frozen strawberries, a couple of handfuls of spinach and about a 1/2 Tbsp of flax seeds blended to perfection. Yum! It was a very ugly brown color, so no photo (you can see part in the upper right corner of the second photo). I love putting greens into a fruit smoothie, it's so good for you and with all the sweetness from the fruit you don't even taste them.



No comments:

Post a Comment