Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chickpea Noodle Soup


I caught a cold last week. I'm guessing that someone was kind enough to bring it into the office because there were four of us sick at the same time (and that's only out of nine). I didn't feel much like cooking, but some warming, filling soup sounded like just the thing to help me feel better. Enter this winner from Veganomicon. It's got a great simple, but not too simple taste. That makes it great for when you're feeling under the weather, but don't get me wrong it's also great when you're not.

The broth is a combination of stock, water, and miso paste; the filler is made up of onion, carrots, chickpeas, mushrooms, and noodles. The recipe called for soba, I subbed udon because that's what I had on hand. I also left out the celery seeds, don't have them and probably never will.

I'm feeling much better now. I can't say it was all the soup, there was also a lot of sleeping and tea, but it definitely helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment