Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Marmalade Tofu with Kale and Lemon Pearl Couscous

I knew I wanted to make this recipe the first time I saw it reading through Vegan Yum Yum. It looks and sounds so good. Plus, I love me some kale. Oddly enough, or maybe not so oddly enough, I had never had kale before going vegan (or chard, collard greens, mustard greens...I love that my world got opened up to all these wonderful greens!).

This made a very good dinner, and pretty quick to put together too. I thought the tofu was a bit too sweet, but my boyfriend thought it was great (it was his favorite part; mine was the kale). I left the kale with a bit of crunch to it to have the contrast between the soft tofu and Israeli couscous. Luckily this recipe is also on the Veganyumyum blog, so you can find it there and try it for yourself. I'll probably make this again, but next time I'll use a little less marmalade and a little more I don't know yet (soy sauce? chili sauce?).


No comments:

Post a Comment