Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Summer-Strone


My mom first made this when I went out to visit her earlier this year. She subscribes to Rachael Ray's magazine and whenever she finds a good-sounding vegan-friendly recipe she saves it for when I visit (it's really cute). Anyway, when she made this I just loved it! It reminded me of a grown-up version of Spaghettio's with the Israeli couscous serving as the O's. I messed with the recipe a bit to use what I had on hand and I did not prefer my substitutions. I used more zucchini in place of the cucumber which gave it a more wintry feel, but made it not as smooth of a soup. I also didn't realize that my diced roasted tomatoes had green chiles in them, so yeah, those went in too. It still turned out good, but not as good as I remembered. I'll have to revisit this one when I have the correct ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment