Monday, January 11, 2010

Chili Pumpkin Cranberry Risotto


So I kinda screwed this up. I've made it before, so I know the recipe is good and that this was my fault. I was on the phone while I was cooking and therefore not providing my risotto adequate attention. I added my cooked squash (butternut instead of pumpkin) at the wrong time--too early--and it got stirred so much that it fell apart and became a little soupy. I actually preferred the puree to the chunks, so next time I might halve the amount of squash and add it as a puree instead. I also swapped green chiles (serranos) for red, and kept the seeds because we like things spicy.

The flavors in this risotto compliment each other so beautifully; I love it. This makes a whole lot, luckily for us mine firmed up a bit after sitting in the fridge so our leftovers weren't quite as soupy.

No comments:

Post a Comment