Monday, January 11, 2010

Fantastic Fajitas


Fajitas are always a nice quick option to get a tasty veggie-filled dinner on the table. My two favorite veggies for fajitas are zucchini and portobello mushroom. Those are the two I used here. I just slice them up, add a sliced jalapeno (the seeds could be removed if that's too spicy) and chopped garlic. I then toss all that with the juice of a whole lime and a tiny amount of olive oil. This time I also added a tiny bit of mexican beer and adobo sauce from a can of chipotles becuase I happened to have them in my fridge. I then heat up either a grill pan or a wok, depending on how much I'm making, and heat everything up. While the veggies are cooking I heat up some refried beans and warm the tortillas. If I have an avocado on hand I usually make guacamole too. Then we just fill our tortillas to our heart's content!

No comments:

Post a Comment