Monday, January 11, 2010

Toasted Quinoa and Lime Baked Broccoli


To use up the remainder of our broccoli from the baked potatoes I decided to try the "Basic Broccoli" recipe from Alternative Vegan. It consisted of a lemon juice marinade (I used lime) that was tossed over the broccoli and then the broccoli was baked. I'd never cooked broccoli this way, and to my delight it tasted great! It did lose its heat really quick, but it's cold out now and that happens.

The toasted quinoa recipe was from The Vegan Table. I halved the recipe and it still made enough for two dinners and lunch the next day. I left out shallots and instead added half a green bell pepper. This was a very nice, lightly spiced quinoa recipe and the addition of the almonds and cranberries gave it that little something special. Toasting the quinoa prior to cooking gave it a nice taste and it also had the added bonus of making the house smell amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment