Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fettucine Alfredo and Peas


These were the first "real food" recipes that I've tried from The Urban Vegan, and there are a lot that look great. I went with this pasta recipe because it was quick and used what I had lying around. As you can see I didn't have fettucine, so it's spaghetti alfredo, but whatever. This was very good, very fattening, but good. It was a little sweet, but I'm guessing that was due to the soymilk we had (Trader Joe's regular, it is sweetened). I don't think I'd make this again unless it's a special occasion; it used almost an entire stick of Earth Balance (6 tablespoons) for a little over two servings. That's a bit more fat than I like to have in my dinner (let's save that for dessert shall we?!).


I have a feeling these peas would have been amazing if I had used fresh peas. They were gently cooked with garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. However, I only had frozen peas, so that's what I used. They were dry and chewy, as frozen peas usually are. I just tossed them into my pasta and then they were easy to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment