Monday, January 11, 2010

TLT sandwich


Using the Tempeh Bacon recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance it's pretty simple to throw these together. I cut my tempeh into shorter strips than suggested because otherwise they just seem to fall apart for me. It's also important to make sure that only nonstick cookware is used to cook these or it'll be one big mess (I've done that before). I just picked up a cast-iron skillet so I used that to cook the tempeh and it worked great. With the smaller strips I usually end up with enough for about three sandwiches.

I really love the taste of red pepper miso mayo with this, so that's what I use instead of Veganaise (the miso mayo also complimets Tofurky deli slices really well). We also slapped on some spinach and tomato and that was that. Served it up with half an orange and a pickle spear. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment