Monday, February 15, 2010

Fried Rice and Spring Rolls


Having some leftover cooked rice and a craving for many different vegetables I decided that fried rice and veggie spring rolls would suit perfectly. A lady from work gave me a box of soya nuggets a while back, so I decided to experiment with them in this recipe as well. For the rice I sauteed ginger and garlic along with the puffed soya nuggets (they required boiling, sitting, and draining first) then added a hot red pepper and two zucchini. Once those were soft I threw in the rice and some shelled edamame. For seasoning I just used a bottled Bul Go Ki sauce (Korean marinade reminiscent of a sesame teriyaki).

For the spring rolls I cooked up some rice noodles and wrapped those up with sliced cucumber, shredded carrot, avocado, mung bean sprouts and mint leaves. We whipped up a batch of the peanut sauce from Vegan Lunch Box to go with. Yum! Some of the leftover peanut sauce and noodles got thrown together with some more cucumber, carrots, and sprouts for my lunch the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment