Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day: Red Wine Spaghetti with Broccoli Rabe and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries


Since most restaurants are overcrowded and underwhelming on Valentine's Day I prefer to make our own seductive meal. This year I decided to go with this beautifully colored pasta from the Food Network. It uses an entire bottle of red wine, so this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like really. The spaghetti gets cooked in the wine and just soaks up all the color. It also takes on a delicious sweet flavor. The broccolini gets cooked in olive oil, garlic, and red peppers then everything is added together for this showstopping dish. I just omitted the Parmesan; my boyfriend covered his in Parma, so it could go that route too. It was very tasty, and if you couldn't tell yet I thought it was very pretty! We served this with some garlic bread (I didn't think ahead with using all that garlic though, we both had lovely breath for the rest of the evening).


For dessert I dipped some cleaned, prepped strawberries in chocolate and put in the fridge to set. Fantastic! So simple and yet so amazingly tasting; whomever thought up dipping fruit in chocolate I applaud you. Luckily we have several more of these in the fridge for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment