Monday, February 22, 2010

Polenta with White Beans, Braised Kale and Roasted Pears


Here's another recipe where the original looked so pretty and I kind of made a mess of it. This dish is from Vegan Dad. I didn't want to dirty extra dishes by shaping the polenta in muffin tins, and I wanted more kale piled on so I just spooned everything on top of the kale. I made this for two by quartering the polenta portion, kept the white bean portion the same except for using a 15 oz can of beans, used an entire bunch of kale (I added lemon juice in addition to white wine and salt), and 1 pear. I also topped this with some chopped almonds for some crunch. It was very tasty and despite having so many different parts really fairly simple to throw together. I would be very happy to eat this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment