Monday, February 8, 2010

Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli with Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy and Soy Nuggets


It's always interesting when you get to the end of the week and you've used up the majority of fresh items in your house. I didn't feel like running to the store, so this was the result, not too shabby. I just boiled and mashed some yellow potatoes, steamed some broccoli, heated up soy nuggets (from Trader Joe's) and made the Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy from Vegan with a Vengeance. I'd never made this gravy before, but it reminded me of the Chickpea Noodle soup from Veganomicon. It had the same chickpea meets onion flavor. The amount of onion is what I didn't love about this gravy. The onions were cut into slices which I think after having tasted it is too big for this sauce. It had a great taste though and it's a very clever way to get protein from gravy (just like in her white bean gravy), go Isa!

No comments:

Post a Comment