Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Creamy Tomato Pasta and Salad


This was another "quick, throw something together" dinner. Using the handy-dandy (free!) VeganYumYum iPhone app I came across this recipe. I used brown rice spaghetti in lieu of cappellini and I subbed 1 can diced tomatoes for the 4 fresh. As you can see, it made a lot of sauce, but the sauce was good so whatever. I never would have thought of putting Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese into a pasta sauce, so I'm glad Lauren did because this is yummy.

We served this up with some white wine and a green salad piled high with sprouts along with my first stab at making a tahini dressing to rival New Leaf's. The taste was pretty spot on, but it was way too runny. I'll try again and when it's right it will be a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment