Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Polenta Rancheros and Red Kale


Craving something a little bit different I settled on this rancheros recipe from Vegan Brunch. Wow, I'm so glad I did. It was amazing! We were practically licking our bowls this was so good. To make Isa's recipe for only two people, I halved the amounts for the beans and sauce and quartered the amounts for the polenta. I then topped it off with fresh tomato and avocado. The cool fruits on top of this dish were perfect because the sauce is spicy! I didn't need to add hot sauce to this, and that's saying something for me. For the kale, I tried to copy how I had it served to me at Gracias Madre, where it had hints of lime and toasted pepitas tossed in. I added too much lime, but it was still good. This will get made again!

No comments:

Post a Comment