Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Zesty Quinoa with Broccoli and Cashews


This is a quick, simple dish, the recipe came from Whole Foods. They have hundreds of recipes on their website, and to top it off they even have a free iPhone app that has them all, easily searchable by vegan. This makes it super easy to find something to make for a dinner and have a shopping list on hand for those days or nights when you're not prepared (My brother and I made this mango and avocado salad to great results when at our parent's place a few weeks ago--we put it over lettuce).

For this quinoa dish I left out the onions, but prepared everything else as written. I thought it was pretty tasty, but my boyfriend thought that it was too acidic (which it is very much so with tomatoes, lemon juice, and wine). Also, there's no way this serves 4 unless it's a side dish; that's half of what it makes in the bowl above. As a main, definitely serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment