Thursday, March 11, 2010

Yummy Greens Bowl


Using up what was left in the fridge I came up with this creation. It was more amazing than I thought it would be.

It started with some leftover cooked quinoa; on top of that went greens (1 head bok choy and 1 of chard) cooked in (you guessed it!) olive oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and mirin; mushrooms were cooked until soft (no oil needed for them since they get so juicy); some baked tempeh I had leftover from lunch salads earlier in the week; tahini sauce from New Leaf; and finally toasted sesame seeds. It all came together to be one (OK, 2) big bowl of yum!

The tahini sauce is the house dressing at New Leaf (comes on the New Beet salad which has spring greens, shredded raw beets, baked tempeh, avocado, toasted pepitas and sesame seeds--crazy good). This sauce is amazing on everything under the sun--seriously. I need to find a recipe for something comparable because this stuff is great not only on salads, but on crackers, veggies, and now grain bowls, huzzah! I'll be moving away from Santa Cruz this summer (holla San Francisco!) and will need to definitely work on making my own version of this, once I do I'll for sure post it (I've tried tahini sauce recipes from a couple of cookbooks and they're not even close).

No comments:

Post a Comment