Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pan Fried Tofu, Kale, and Stir-Fried Noodles



This another VeganYumYum recipe I found through the iPhone app. I cut down on the pressing time and the marinating time because I was hungry and it still turned out great. I also used half a carton of tofu, because that's all I had left; I just cut it into smaller pieces. I also didn't serve this with the dipping sauce, I just put everything back in the pan together and stirred the sauce (and the sugar) in so everything was coated nicely. I wasn't sure what kind of mustard was supposed to be used, so for the marinade I used ground mustard and I omitted for the dipping sauce. This was very good, it had the perfect amount of sweet and spicy and the tofu had great flavor. There is a little bit of a kale war in my house because I like it to still be crunchy when it's mixed into things while my boyfriend likes it to be soft; I usually leave it crunchy. So naturally, the crunchy kale was his least favorite part of the dish. I had the leftovers for lunch the next day and it was still fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment