Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Curry Chickpea Hummus


While maybe not the most mouthwatering of colors (thanks turmeric), this curry hummus is definitely special. It's from Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan which is amazing enough to have an entire chapter dedicated solely to hummus (I think I've now made all but two or three of them; they've all been hits!). I didn't have cashew butter, so I subbed in slightly more than the same measurement of raw cashews--it worked just fine.

First I served this up on a tempeh bacon, avocado, tomato, and lettuce sandwich. It elevated this normally great sandwich to a completely new level! Yum! I took the rest to a friend's house for a game night and most of it was eaten with various chips/crackers. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who think they don't like curry. They've had one kind of curry dish somewhere once and now they've sworn off them. I try to do my part to help these people realize that there are tons of different types of curries (spice and sauce), but it doesn't always work. So, point is: several people wouldn't even try it because "they don't like curry." *Big exhale* Anyway, if making for a crowd that might be something to keep in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment