Monday, April 19, 2010

Olive Oregano Wine-Baked Tofu and Roasted Asparagus


Sometimes after getting home from work and getting things done around the house I just want to chill. That chilling can then extend a bit too far to make a well-planned out dinner. This was one of those nights. I looked at what I had available and having remembered reading about this tofu dish on Dreena Burton's blog I decided to go for it. I left out the grapes and used kalamata olives, but otherwise followed the recipe. The flavor of this dish is amazing, so tasty! What I didn't really care for was the amount of dried herbs in it; they had a tendency to get stuck in my mouth or throat and feel gross, so next time I might sub fresh. There was also quite a bit of sauce from the wine, sundried tomatoes, and olives, so pasta or rice might make a good base for this. I love that asparagus is back in season! This was just roasted in the oven (alongside the tofu since the oven was set to 400 degrees for that anyway) with some olive oil, lemon juice and salt for flavor. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment