Saturday, April 3, 2010

Chickpea Soup with Saffron and Mushroom-Almond Garnish


It's been really cold here. It feels like winter again, so I wanted a nice potato soup. This recipe from Whole Foods sounded interesting so I gave it a go. I made only a half batch and I left out the parsley. Most of the potatoes and chickpeas were left in rounds or whole (in that order, obviously) so in addition to the topping there was a lot of texture which was nice. Without the mushroom and almond topping I think this would probably be terribly boring; the buttery flavor of the mushrooms (cremini) went great with the potatoes and I already knew that almonds and chickpeas went well together, so all the flavors complimented beautifully. It wasn't terribly exciting and I'm not sure if I'd make it again, but it satisfied, came together quickly, and it was good and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment