Monday, November 2, 2009

Baked Apples and Ice Cream


We had a hankering for something sweet so I baked up a couple of apples for dessert. All I did was core them (I used a knife around the core to get started and then hollowed out the rest using a small spoon; leaving a little on the bottom to hold all the fillings), then peel them. I filled them with some chopped pecans, golden raisins, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground clove. I also put a teeny amount of Earth Balance on top of the fillings. Once the apples were filled and in the baking pan, I added about a half-inch of boiling water with a drop of vanilla added. I baked these (at 350 degrees F) for 30 minutes, spooning a little of the water on the apples every 10 minutes to keep them moist.

Once they were done I let them cool for a couple minutes, then transferred to a bowl and added a couple spoonfuls of ice cream (we had Double Rainbow Cinnamon Caramel soy ice cream; it went great). I meant to also add some rolled oats to this, but I forgot. None the less this was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment