Sunday, November 15, 2009

Italian Feast


Oh, spaghetti. Comfort food at it's most basic. This is spaghetti and beanballs from Veganomicon. The balls are made from mashed kidney beans, garlic, herbs, tamari, tomato paste and some vital wheat gluten to hold them together. They're then baked (or fried) so they're nice and crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. They were really good. We served them with brown rice spaghetti and a batch of mushroom marinara sauce (also from V'con). I also made up some stir-fried spinach with lots of garlic and some garlic bread from one of our local natural foods stores (New Leaf sells their own vegan garlic bread). I didn't have any other use for spare baguette and my freezer is already full of bread crumbs so my boyfriend went and picked up these after discovering I was out of yeast at home and partly through cooking (my original plan was to make garlic breadsticks; I'll still have to try that though).

Served with a glass of red wine this was incredibly satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment