Sunday, November 22, 2009

Macaroni and Cheeze


I decided to make this for dinner the other night because my boyfriend was having a bit of a rough day and it's one of his favorites. After making this the first time I was asked to make it at least once a week for about a month, it's a little less now, but yes it's that good. This version (our favorite) comes from Vegan Yum Yum.

I make a few changes to Lolo's recipe. Instead of 1/3 cup of Earth Balance I use one tablespoon, mix everything in the blender, and then add soymilk to desired creaminess. We usually end up eating the entire thing between the two of us and I didn't like the idea of that much fat, plus the soymilk makes the cheeze a little thinner and better able to coat the noodles. I also use a lot less breadcrumbs on top, just a light layer along with the pepper and the paprika. Overall, this is one fabulous dish. It doesn't take too long to prepare and it's mighty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment