Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Super-Quick Pasta


I had some pesto left over in the fridge and not a whole lot else (I went shopping right after eating this for lunch, so better food on its way), so I threw together a quick pasta. I just cooked up some noodles (yup, that's two different kinds: brown rice spaghetti and whole wheat penne because I didn't have enough of either to make 2 servings). While the noodles were cooking I cut up a tomato, 2 cloves garlic, and about 2 cups spinach. Once the noodles were done, drained them, then returned to the pot with a little bit of olive oil. I then threw in the tomatoes, spinach, and garlic and stirred until the spinach was wilted. If using a more hearty leafy green (read: pretty much anything else), it's best to wilt these in a separate pan so as not to risk having to unstick the pasta from the pot. Once the spinach was wilted I put in the pesto and heated quickly. I added some pine nuts, and voila, lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment