Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vindaloo Vegetables over Rice



Sometimes it's nice to keep your evenings wide open by doing all your prep work earlier in the day and relying on your slow cooker to do all the rest of the work. I usually end up making chili in mine, but this time I wanted to try something different. This is from Fresh From the Vegetarian Slow Cooker. It was essentially a vegetable stew with an Indian flair; cauliflower, green bell pepper, onion, carrot, zucchini, and kidney beans with a spicy tomato base. I was supposed to add frozen peas a bit before serving, but I forgot. Regardless, it had great flavor and was perfectly filling.

Every time I look through this book I'm reminded of all the interesting and unexpected dishes that can be made in a slow cooker, I'm definitely going to have to experiment more with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment