Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chocolate Chip Spice Cookies


Craving some chocolate, I looked through some recipes until I happened on a cookie recipe that sounded so good: Chocolate Chip Spice Cookies from Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan. I'd only tried one of Dreena's cookie recipes up til now and it was amazing (You Got Peanut Butter in My Chocolate Cookies), so I was excited to try another one. She uses less granulated sugar and subs in maple syrup and agave nectar in a lot of cases, along with much less oil or butter than usual, which I like. These are a spin on a chocolate chocolate chip cookie with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves--a good cold weather cookie. They were heavenly, and I know that they will not last very long in our cabinet. Luckily for when we're craving more this recipe didn't take too long to throw together so they can easily be made in less than 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment